Community Service at Girls Inc

This semester, I had the opportunity to volunteer at Girls Inc in Kingsport to complete my hours for Intro to Service Learning (30 hours). I got to go to their after school program and encourage and interact with the girls in any way they needed. Often times, it was talking about their future careers or families. Other times, it was explaining a math problem during homework time. Whatever it may be, the girls just want someone to talk to them and listen to them. Many of the girls do not get to have a strong mentor in their home, and I tried my best to be the mentor they needed during this semester. It was an awesome experience that I hope to continue in the future. My church is actually doing a Vacation Bible School at Girls Inc this summer, so I cannot wait to come back and see the girls again.

Comments

Popular Posts