What Do I Value?

It is important to know what you value individually, especially when you experience life on your own. As a college freshman, I have learned in the first semester that you no longer live on your parents' expectations, values, or schedule. I have realized that my values stem off of my parents, but they are still unique to my life.
One of the biggest things I value personally is my faith. I was raised in a Christian home, so I had the foundation. When I came to college on my own, I began to grow stronger in my faith because it was something I desired to have in my life. It is a top priority simple because I desire a strong relationship with Christ. I am grateful to have had a foundation growing up, and that foundation has been made so much stronger through the Baptist Collegiate Ministry and personal devotional and prayer. It remains a part of my life everyday.
Another thing I value is music. I have been blessed to learn instruments and grow up involved in music. Music is always playing in my dorm, especially during study time to ease the pain of tougher courses. Music is something I have always connected with, and it has remained a strong influence this semester.
Volleyball has also been a strong influence in my life. It gave me a foundation in leadership and teamwork on top of athletic involvement. I continue to keep volleyball in my life every week. This is another stress-reliever for classes. I love being in the team atmosphere and being more than just a student that eats, sleeps, studies, and repeats all over again the next day.
These are just a few heavy parts in my life that I have come to value most.

Comments

Popular Posts